Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to Blogging


Well, I think it has been long enough between postings!  Much has happened at Cedar House Fabrics since the beginning of the year.  These photos from this last weekend are evidence of a changing season.  We have our garden prepped and our starts in the ground.  Our new composter has gotten a good start.  It is a version that turns on an axle.  Pretty nifty. 
The red shelf below is an old auto battery display my mother-in-law bought me for my birthday on her last visit.  I must admit it was a bit of an impulse to exclaim "oh, I love it!" and have her respond by saying "it's yours".  I had no idea what I would use it for.  Perfect as it turns out for a plant stand on our old front porch.  These nasturtiums will start trailing soon. 
The solar eclipse was really amazing here.  The clouds made it possible to see the outline of the moon really well.  I had never seen this in person before.  Amazing.
As many might have realized, I have expanded my offering from organic fabric into organic thread, twill tape and ribbon.  I am happy with the response and happy to be able to complete your organic sewing with these notions.  I am expecting the entire Organic Soul Blossom collection from Amy Butler.  These are incredibly beautiful, detailed fabrics.  They make me think of the word "moody".  I will preview them here soon.  
I know many people enjoy reading a blog over connecting with facebook.  I will really make an effort to post regularly.  I just need to get back in the habit.  Talk with you soon. -Lela 




1 comment:

  1. I love how you have planted your peas! Very clever! Happy Growing!

    ReplyDelete