Saturday, December 3, 2011

Inspired by Jan from Daisy Janie




Like many people, I will see tons of crafty ideas I want to try out but inevitably most are never even started.  I think I broke that cycle today!
This year, the kids and I procrastinated buying our usual advent calender from the grocery store.  We usually wound up with an unexciting but somewhat satisfying cardboard version with little doors containing molded chocolates that the kids would share every day.  Last night I happened across Jan's (Daisy Janie) blog entry with her advent calender idea.  See it here.  I decided to give it a go three days into December.  So the kids missed out on a few surprises...I think this will make up for it.  This is what I came up with this morning.  My son helped cut out the tags and tape the packets.  Each day, they will pull off a packet of their choice and get a little something.  For anyone living in Eugene, I bought the greatest little somethings at Down To Earth.  For those living nowhere near here, it is a garden/kitchen/housewares/gift/local unique everything store.  Worth a stop if you visit.  It is not too late to make your own version.  I was thinking you could even write little notes in place of gifts.  The fun is in the making and sharing.


1 comment:

  1. It looks great!! Sticks! Of course (duh, Jan). Love the way you hung it, too!!

    ReplyDelete